THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED ON PLANS SUBMITTED FOR A PERMIT
- Name of Owner
- Address of project
- Overall dimensions of property
- Location and width of public easements (note: information on private easements is available on the property deed)
- Location, dimensions and distance from property lines of existing buildings, decks, structures, retaining walls, paved parking and driveways
- Location, dimensions and distance from property lines to proposed project
- Location of any existing trees to be removed
- Existing survey hubs, pipes and similar permanently installed property line identification
- Location of existing curb cuts to be closed or altered and of any new curb cuts. A separate Encroachment permit from the Engineering Division is required for this work
- Location of existing sewer main and proposed lateral, where applicable
- Drainage and contour of lot
- Listed below are some typical development standards for single-family dwellings
- Minimum Front Yard: 20 feet
- Minimum Side Yard
- Corner: 10 feet
- Interior: 5 feet
- Minimum Rear Yard: 20 feet**
** Additions to the rear of a single-family dwelling may be to within 10 feet of the rear property line, provided that the width of that portion of the main structure shall not exceed 50% of the buildable width of the lot.
Detached from main building by more than five feet (5′), i.e. sheds, gazebos, patio covers, etc.
- Minimum Front Yard: 60 feet
- Minimum Side Yard
- Corner: 20 feet
- Interior: 0 feet*
- Minimum Rear Yard: 0 feet*
* Structures located less than three feet (3′) from property line must be of fire-rated construction.
Typically need the following, but call the Building Division at (925) 779-7065 to confirm submittal requirements for individual projects.
- Three (3) sets of plans wet stamped and signed
- Two (2) sets Title 24, soils reports, structural calculations and roof trusses
- Tenant Improvements:
- Two (2) sets of plans wet stamped and signed
- Two (2) sets of Title 24 and structural calculations
Plans can be submitted anytime Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However if plans are submitted when the inspectors are in the office, permits can usually be issued over the counter (one exception being additions).