Contact Info

Dawn Merchant
Finance Director

Administration Division
Tel (925) 779-7055
Fax (925) 779-7054

Accounts Payable
Tel (925) 779-7000 ext 1-2041

Accounting Division
Tel (925) 779-7055
Fax (925) 779-7054

Business License
Tel (925) 779-7059
Fax (925) 779-7054

Operations Division
Tel (925) 779-7055
Fax (925) 779-7054

Water Services
Tel (925) 779-7060
Fax (925) 779-7054

  • Finance Department

    Business License Information

Resource Directory


Antioch Offices:
Chamber of Commerce
101 Waldie Plaza, Ste 4
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 757-1800

Business License
200 H Street, First Floor
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 779-7059

Building Permits
Any remodeling or construction planned for the business may require a building permit.

Building Department
200 H Street, Second Floor
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 779-7065

Home Occupation Use Permits
When operating a business from home, an applicant will need a Home Occupation Use Permit.

Community Development Department
200 H Street, Second Floor
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 779-7035

Sign Permits
If you plan to put up or change a sign, first contact the Planning Department. Some buildings or commercial centers may have an approved sign program. If a sign program has not been approved, a sign permit may be required. Most often sign applications can be reviewed by planning staff, but some will require Design Review Board approval.

Planning Department
200 H Street, Second Floor
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 779-7035


County Offices:

Fictitious Business Name
In most cases, an applicant must register a business name with the Contra Costa County Clerk. Before filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement, the applicant should thoroughly research the desired name of ensure that it is not currently being used by another business.

Contra Costa County Clerk
555 Escobar Street
Martinez, CA 94553
(925) 335-7900

Health Permits
An applicant for a restaurant, catering services, delis, grocery stores or food handling business must be file for Public Health/Licensing Permits.

Environmental Health
2120 Diamond Blvd, Ste 100
Concord, CA 94520
(925) 608-5500


State Offices:

Community Adult Care
(510) 286-4201

Community Care Licensing Division Child Care Office
1515 Clay Street, Ste 1102
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 622-2602

Contractors State License Board
9821 Business Park Drive
Sacramento, CA 95827
(800) 321-2752

Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Worker’s Compensation

1515 Clay Street, 6th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 622-3026

California Massage Therapy Council
(916) 669-5336


Federal Offices:

Federal Identification Number
An applicant with employees will need to apply for a Federal Identification Number.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
(800) 829-1040